Summer Season (April 13–November 12)
The Sunflower and Columbine Yurts are 20’ Yurts that can accommodate up to 8 people. The Large Yurts are located in a beautiful meadow along the cross country ski trails of the Arizona Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center). Please note, motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails. It is often visited by wildlife and home to some gorgeous sunsets.
- Sunflower Back Country Large Yurt – 1 mile from parking lot
- Columbine Back Country Large Yurt – 1 mile from parking lot
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a back country yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: We provide a 30 gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge no later than 1:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle PRIOR to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: ***NEW pricing*** $40 round-trip transportation of your bin. If you bring more than we can fit safely on our ATV, additional trips for your gear will be an additional $40.
There are plenty of hiking opportunities due to the Yurts’ location at the intersection of 30 to 35 miles of ski and snowshoe trails. Most of these trails can be used for biking as well as hiking.
Birding is a favorite activity in northern Arizona. For bird lists and more information, be sure to visit the Northern Arizona Audubon Society website. Enjoy “camping” in our Sunflower or Columbine Yurt and wake up to a nature oasis.
Amenities & Notes
- Summer Campground Map (PDF 128 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- One double futon bed and one twin bunk bed
- Bedding not included
- Lighting is in place, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring a headlamp as a backup.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each Yurt. All Forest Service fire restrictions apply. For current fire restrictions please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/.
- Propane barbecue grill is available next to each Yurt.
- Restroom is located 30 feet in between Aspen and Coyote Yurts.
- There is NO WATER SUPPLY at the Large Yurts. All water must be packed in.
- You supply: sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- Dogs are allowed for an additional fee of $10 per dog.
- Firewood for the stove and camp fires is available to purchase for $10 per crate.
- The yurt is located in a U.S. Forest Service designated No Motorized Vehicles area. It is about one mile from the parking area at the Lodge to the Yurt Meadow. You will need to hike or bike the trail to get to the yurt. In the summer, you will need to carry your supplies with you.
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: Complimentary coffee, tea, or hot chocolate available at the Lodge every day at 8 am.
- Outdoor Movie: Once a weekend (Fri-Sun) we will be showing a family friendly movie starting at 5:00 pm.
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Games: Come to the Lodge and check out any of our board games or yard games!
Summer Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $75/night for up to four people
- Fridays starting at $80/night for up to four people
- Weekends/Holiday rates starting at $85/night for up to four people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person after 4
- $10 extra per night, per dog
- Check-in time is after 1:00 P.M.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
To reserve the Sunflower or Columbine Yurt, please check availability below.
Read before making reservation.
- Please read all “Amenities and Notes” and our Camping Policies page before proceeding.
- You must provide a valid email to receive a reservation confirmation.
- Please print your email confirmation with your access code. Cell service cannot be relied upon.
- Lodge staff may not be on site upon your arrival. Please be prepared for self check in.
- Large Yurts are a one mile hike from the parking lot.