Book your stay at Arizona Nordic Village
The Arizona Nordic Village has numerous camping and lodging options available year-round. We are conveniently located in the Coconino National Forest in Northern Arizona. Just 15 miles from downtown Flagstaff, and on the way to Grand Canyon National Park, we are the perfect base camp for your adventures in the Southwest! Enjoy staying in one of our large or small yurts or a log-sided camper cabin in the foothills of the San Francisco Peaks!
NEW OFFERING! Nine RV/Car Camping Sites
We have nine dry (no hook-ups) campsites available just off of our main lot for $20/night. Online booking is now OPEN for sites 1-7, and sites 8 & 9 will remain first-come, first-served. The sites have a picnic table and a fire ring, and the the Lodge is staffed 8 am to 4 pm if you’d like to purchase shower tokens, packaged snacks, firewood, or any miscellaneous camping gear you may have left at home. Complimentary coffee and tea is available at 8 am each morning. The Lodge restrooms are open 24/7 for your use, and there is a restroom trailer with quarter-operated showers as well. If you arrive after hours, please use the camping payments envelopes and drop-box on the side of the Lodge.Book Your Campsite Now!
Frontcountry Yurts and Cabins – Now on Airbnb!
Frontcountry yurts and cabins are located within 100 feet from the parking lot and lodge and provide the perfect, easy camping options. If you aren’t looking to carry your gear further than that, we recommend these easy access Frontcountry yurts and cabins. We have three yurts and four cabins available in the frontcountry, and we also rent the Ponderosa Room, a studio apartment located unstairs in the Nordic Village Lodge.
You can book them on Airbnb through the links below:
Back country yurts are located between 1 – 3 miles away from the parking lot. These yurts provide camping options for those seeking the solitude and quiet of a backcountry setting with more space and comforts than a standard backpacking tent provides. Motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails. The idea with back country yurt camping is that you will pack it in and pack it out. We do however offer gear shuttles for an extra fee- read on below for more details! You can book online with the buttons below, or find more information on each unit in the list that follows:
- Small Backcountry Yurts
- Large Backcountry Yurts
- Morning Glory Backcountry Yurt – 2.7 miles from parking lot
During the winter season enjoy our well-groomed cross country ski trails. We offer over 40 km of ski trails groomed for both classic and skate style skiing. With over 15 km of well marked snowshoe trails, the Nordic Village is the perfect location for a winter hike.
During the summer season, explore over 50 km of well marked trails by bike or foot. Wildlife is abundant as most areas of the center are designated No Motorized Vehicles by the United States Forest.
Each yurt or cabin is equipped with beds/bunks or mattress pads and wood stoves; picnic tables and portable toilets are located nearby. This is the perfect camping experience without having to “rough it” too much.
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a back country yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: We provide a 30 gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge no later than 1:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt or cabin. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle PRIOR to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: $40 round-trip transportation of your gear. If you bring more than we can fit safely on our ATV, additional trips for your gear will be an additional $40.
There is even cell reception (for most carriers) down by the lodge!
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: Complimentary coffee, hot chocolate, or tea available in the lodge at 8 am everyday for overnight guests.
- Outdoor Movie/Friday & Saturday night ski: Once snow arrives we will have movies on Friday and Saturday evenings as well as skiing until 7 pm.
Our location is ideally suited for visiting many wonderful destinations. Here are some shown with their driving times:
- Grand Canyon – 1 Hour
- Arizona Snowbowl – 20 Minutes
- Coconino County Fairgrounds – 30 Minutes
- Bearizona – 45 Minutes
- Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course – 30 Minutes
- Lake Mary – 45 Minutes
- Lava River Cave – 15 minutes
- Walnut Canyon National Monument – 45 Minutes
- Oak Creek Canyon – 45 Minutes
- Wupatki National Monument – 45 Minutes
- Sedona – 1 Hour
- Meteor Crater – 1 Hour
- Sunset Crater National Monument – 1 Hour
- Monument Valley – 3 Hours
- Flagstaff Climbing Center (indoor rock climbing + outdoor guided climbs) – 20 minutes
- Beta Bouldering Gym – (indoor rock climbing) – 20 minutes
Coconino National Forest offers some wonderful opportunities for tent camping. A full list of campgrounds can be found on their official page as well as links to each on their Campground Lookup Table.