The Arizona Nordic Village is conveniently located in the Coconino National Forest in Northern Arizona. Just 15 miles from downtown Flagstaff, we are the perfect base camp for your adventures in the Southwest! Enjoy staying in one of our large or small yurts or a log-sided camper cabin in the foothills of the San Francisco Peaks!
Front Country Yurts and Cabins
Front country yurts and cabins are located within 100 feet from the parking lot and lodge. If you aren’t looking to carry your gear further than that, we recommend these easy access front country yurts and cabins.
Back Country Yurts
Back country yurts are located between 1 – 3 miles away from the parking lot. Motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails. The idea with back country yurt camping is that you will pack it in and pack it out. We do however offer gear shuttles for an extra fee, see details below.
Small Back Country Yurts
- Lupine – 1.6 miles from parking lot
- Honeysuckle – 1.3 miles from parking lot
Large Back Country Yurts
- Aspen – 1 mile from parking lot
- Coyote – 1 mile from parking lot
Morning Glory Back Country Yurt – 2.7 miles from parking lot
During the winter season enjoy our well-groomed cross country ski trails. We offer over 40 km of ski trails groomed for both classic and skate style skiing. With over 15 km of well marked snowshoe trails, the Nordic Village is the perfect location for a winter hike.
During the summer season, explore over 50 km of well marked trails by bike or foot. Wildlife is abundant as most areas of the center are designated No Motorized Vehicles by the United States Forest.
Each yurt or cabin is equipped with beds/bunks or mattress pads and wood stoves; picnic tables and portable toilets are located nearby. This is the perfect camping experience without having to “rough it” too much.
Reservations for the yurts, cabins and tent camping are on their respective pages in the menu under Summer Season or Winter Season.
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a back country yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: 30 gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge no later than 1:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt or cabin. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle PRIOR to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: $30 each direction, per bin (example: for 1 bin from lodge to camping, and 1 bin from camping to lodge – $60). After the first bin, additional bins are also $30 each direction, per bin.
There is even cell reception (for most carriers) down by the lodge!
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: $2/cup or hot chocolate @ 9:00 am everyday
- Outdoor Movie: Once a weekend (either Fri-Sat-Sun) catch a family friendly flick and a warm bon fire starting at 7:00 pm (start time dependent on sundown).
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Outdoor Games: In exchange for your driver’s license and $1, rent out one of our outdoor games (bocce ball etc.).
Our location is ideally suited for visiting many wonderful destinations. Here are some shown with their driving times:
- Grand Canyon – 1 Hour
- Arizona Snowbowl – 20 Minutes
- Coconino County Fairgrounds – 30 Minutes
- Bearizona – 45 Minutes
- Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course – 30 Minutes
- Lake Mary – 45 Minutes
- Lava River Cave – 15 minutes
- Walnut Canyon National Monument – 45 Minutes
- Oak Creek Canyon – 45 Minutes
- Wupatki National Monument – 45 Minutes
- Sedona – 1 Hour
- Meteor Crater – 1 Hour
- Sunset Crater National Monument – 1 Hour
- Monument Valley – 3 Hours
- Flagstaff Climbing Center (indoor rock climbing + outdoor guided climbs) – 20 minutes
- Beta Bouldering Gym – (indoor rock climbing) – 20 minutes