BOOKING DURING COVID-19:
The Village is taking COVID-19 seriously and we remain open for overnight bookings as of March 30th, 2020. We are taking a number of additional cleaning and sterilizing precautions, and limiting our buildings to access only for overnight guests. If you are looking to book a stay with us between March 30th and the end of May, rest assured that you can cancel for a full refund or change your reservation at any time at no cost. Please practice safe social distancing and good hygiene practices as recommended by the CDC during your stay to help keep yourself and others safe. The Village and it’s trails offer plenty of social distancing and escape-from-news-headlines opportunities!
NORMAL Cancellation Policies:
- Confirmed backcountry reservations that are rescheduled will be charged a $25 change fee, including rescheduling for snow or weather conditions.
- Backcountry cancellations received more than 14 days prior to arrival will be charged a $25 cancellation fee.
- Backcountry cancellations received less than 14 days prior to arrival date are not refundable.
- For cancellation stipulation for Airbnb units, please see Airbnb listing
US Forest Service/Coconino National Forest
- The Arizona Nordic Village operates under special use permit of the United States Forest Service and all National Forest rules, regulations and restrictions apply.
- United States Forest Service fire restrictions apply at all times. Click Here for Current Fire Restrictions.
- You are camping by permit in the Coconino National Forest, be respectful of your environment and follow the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace, located in your cabin’s binder.
- Use “Leave No Trace” when exploring the forest area surrounding the Nordic Village.
- The Coconino National Forest is inhabited by many creatures. At the Nordic Village, it is not uncommon to see deer, elk, black bears, squirrels, mice and prairie dogs. Please do not approach these creatures for your own safety. Be sure to take extra precautions such as washing your hands and putting all food items in the plastic bin provided before leaving your cabin or going to sleep at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there electricity and running water in the cabin/yurt?
We are an off-grid facility, meaning there will be no electricity or plumbing in your yurt/cabin, unless staying in Juniper cabin which has a small generator for phone chargers & lights.
- Does Nordic Village provide linens in any of their stays?
YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN LINENS! We ask that you bring your own sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, etc, unless staying in Juniper Cabin or the Ponderosa Room.
- What are the restroom facilities like at the Nordic Village?
The lodge remains open 24/7 and has two restrooms, each with a shower stall. Shower tokens may be used for the lodge showers. Port-O-Potties are also located around the property for guest use. The restroom trailer is also typically available for guests to use in addition to port-o-potties around the property and the lodge. Each stall has a toilet, and a quarter-operated shower. Shower tokens will not work in the restroom trailer. Restroom trailer may be closed at facility staff’s discretion.
- Can my dog/cat/bird stay with me in my cabin/yurt?
Yes! We love animals at the Nordic Village. We ask that you pay $10/night for each pet staying in your unit. Keep in mind there are other animals on the property, and respect other guests by controlling pets and recognizing quiet hours of 10pm to 6am. Please do not leave pets unattended in your yurt/cabin at any time.
- Will I have cell phone service out there? What about wi-fi?
Many cell phone carriers work at the lodge, however, cell reception cannot be relied upon on the trail system. We do not offer wi-fi to our guests at this time. If you need to make a phone call or look something up on the internet, feel free to speak to a Nordic Village employee in the Lodge and they will be happy to help you.
- Can I drive my personal vehicle/ATV to a backcountry yurt?
Motorized vehicles are prohibited on Nordic Village trails. Arizona Nordic Village has a permit to operate our own motorized vehicles on the trail system for work purposes. If you would like a $40 gear shuttle for your backcountry yurt reservation, please select this option when making your reservation.
- I was born and raised in the Arctic and I’m confident that I will be able to navigate to my backcountry yurt in the snow after dark, do I really have to adhere to winter check-in times?
Weather and safety concerns require strict enforcement of Winter Season check-in times. No guest will be allowed to depart for Backcountry Yurts after 3pm, except for Fridays when late check-in is allowed up to 6pm. Late check-ins will result in a booking cancellation. No refunds will be issued for late check-ins.