How early can we book our event?
- We’ll book your date up to 24 months in advance.
What is the deposit to hold a date?
- Dates are reserved with a $500 non-refundable deposit. The total balance is due 90 days prior to the date of event.
What about weather?
- The beauty of an outdoor wedding can also bring the complications of weather. Our 2100 square foot pavilion tent mitigates most weather conditions. We’ll only step in with the presence of major or dangerous weather events such as lightning. Deposits are not refundable for weather related cancellations or postponements. We suggest event insurance which is available from a variety of providers.
What about fire danger?
- The Arizona Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center) operates under special use permit of the United States Forest Service. We strictly adhere to all USFS fire restrictions and will often implement further fire restrictions that could include restrictions on decorating, smoking, campfire and ceremonial flame. The USFS allows us to operate in the event of Forest closure. USFS has the final say on all events being held in the Coconino National Forest.
Are there any restrictions on catering?
- There are few restrictions on catering at the Nordic Village. This flexibility is a major benefit of holding your event at the Nordic Village. From family cook-out to full service catering, you make all the decisions regarding the food and drink at your event. All events not using a full-service, approved caterer are required to sign the “Self Cater Agreement”.
Do we have to clean up after our event?
- Yes. our staff will be on site to ensure that the Arizona Nordic Village runs smoothly for your event. Staff will also keep trash bins empty and facilities clean and working properly. You are responsible for cleaning up any catering, decorations and personal items. The Nordic Village will have plenty of trash cans and liners around the venue area. Don’t worry about tear down of tables, chairs, etc. Our staff is there to take care of all of those things for you.
When can we begin setting up for our event?
- We want your day at the Nordic Village to be stress free! We find that most events are able to set up and decorate within their venue rental period. However, if you need more flexibility or are doing a lot of decorating we offer an early access charge of $150 to allow you to get in and start setting up as early as 11:30 AM. We’ll make every attempt to accommodate your needs, however there may be events at the Nordic Village that prevent us from allowing early arrival or storage of personal items. Be sure and communicate your set up needs and vendor arrivals with the Nordic Village we’ll work to make it convenient and stress free for everyone.
When does our event have to end?
- Your event should be over by the end of your venue rental time. Decorations and personal items should be removed and all vendors should also be finished with any break down and clean up. This is true even if an overnight stay is included with your venue rental. There may be other events beginning at the Arizona Nordic Village early the next morning that the Nordic Village staff will have to be ready for. Open communication about your clean up needs is the key to ensuring a successful event. Additional charges may apply for late exit.
Who sets up tables and chairs?
- We do! We will set up all tables and chairs in your ceremony and reception area. If chairs need to be moved from the ceremony to reception area your party is responsible for that. Typically wedding party guests are excited to grab their seat for the short walk back to the Ponderosa Pavilion. It’s also a great chance for the boys to show off!
Can we have a band or DJ?
- Absolutely! There are no nearby neighbors to the Nordic Village so dance, sing and have a great time.