The 11th Annual Flagstaff Marathon is 100% off-road with varying (single-track, cross-country, dirt roads) terrain. Hosted by Flagstaff Nordic Center to benefit the Angel Fund at North Country HealthCare. The Flagstaff Marathon is a completely off-road course in the Coconino National Forest. 8,650 Feet in elevation, 1,862 feet of climbing for the Half Marathon. The marathon has been described as the most scenic and difficult marathon in the Southwest.
- When: September 17, 2016
- Start Times:
- Full – 8:00 AM
- Half – 9:00 AM
- 10K – 9:30 AM
- Kids Kilo – 11:00 AM
- Where: Arizona Nordic Village, Mile Marker 232, Highway 180
- Marathon – $105
- Half – $80
- 10k – $60
- Kids Kilo – Free!
- More information and registration – FlagstaffMarathon.com
- If you’re from out of town save on costs, eliminate your race morning commute, and experience high-mountain summer camping. Yurt, hut and tent camping is available just yards from the start line at the Arizona Nordic Village.
- Please note that there are a limited number of yurt, hut, and tent sites available. Tent camping is available at special events only. All camping at the Nordic Village is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- There are other camping opportunities nearby in the Coconino National Forest.