Winter Season (November 23rd–April 2nd)
The 12’ front country yurts are our most accessible yurt camping option. With vehicle access there is no hiking or skiing required to reach the yurts and they are still located right on a multi-use trail. Each yurt is equipped with a woodstove and sleeping pads that make them the perfect yurt camping experience for two. Up to four people can be accommodated. The Lodge is located just yards away at the base of the 35-mile trail system of the Nordic Village.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center) written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Two twin-sized sleeping pads for floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.” A couple with two children would be a good fit as well.
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt. Firewood is provided.
- A propane barbecue grill and picnic table is available next to each yurt. Propane is provided.
- A portable toilet is located near each yurt.
- Running water not available in yurt.
- Electricity is available in the Lodge.
- No WiFi access anywhere on premise.
- There are NO outdoor campfires permitted during the Winter Season
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- For a map showing the locations of the yurts and cabins, click to download here. (PDF, 128 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
Winter Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $70 per night for up to 2 people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person
- $10 per night, per dog
- Changes to confirmed reservations are subject to a $25 change fee.
- Check-in time anytime after 9:00 A.M. for skiing and other activities. Yurts will be ready for check-in by 1:00 P.M. Please note that you must check-in no later than 3:00 P.M. or you will forfeit your reservation and your payment. This will be enforced due to safety and insurance concerns.
- Check-out time is no later than 10:00 A.M.
- Valid Trail Passes for each member of your party are required during winter season if you plan to be on the trail system. WALKING ON TRAILS IS PROHIBITED DURING WINTER. Snowshoes, skis, or snow bike are required on the trail system.
- These yurts are located in the front country 100 feet from the Lodge.
- Every camping visitor is REQUIRED to read and accept the Winter Camping Information document. (PDF, 110 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: $2/cup or hot chocolate @ 9:00 am everyday
- Friday Night Bon Fire and Movie: Every Friday night (conditions allowing) catch a family friendly flick and a warm bon fire starting at 5:00 pm ending at 7:00 pm.
Please Read Before Making Camping Reservation
Please read all “Amenities and Notes” above and our Camping & Lodging Policies page before proceeding.
- By making a reservation you confirm that you have read our “Winter Camping Information” PDF document above.
- You must provide a valid email address for reservation confirmation.
- Please print your email confirmation with your access code. Cell service cannot be relied upon.
- Lodge staff may not be on site upon your arrival. Please be prepared for self check-in.