Winter Season (November 23rd–April 2nd)
The 12’ front country yurts are our most accessible yurt camping option. With vehicle access there is no hiking or skiing required to reach the yurts and they are still located right on a multi-use trail. Each yurt is equipped with a woodstove and sleeping pads that make them the perfect yurt camping experience for two. Up to four people can be accommodated. The Lodge is located just yards away at the base of the 35-mile trail system of the Nordic Village.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center) written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Sleeping pads for floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.” A couple with two children would be a good fit as well.
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt. Firewood is provided.
- A propane barbecue grill and picnic table is available next to each yurt. Propane is provided.
- A portable toilet is located near each yurt.
- Running water not available in yurt.
- There are NO outdoor campfires permitted during the Winter Season
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- For a map showing the locations of the yurts and cabins, click to download here. (PDF, 128 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
Winter Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $50 per night for up to 2 people.
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays.
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person.
- Changes to confirmed reservations are subject to a $25 change fee.
- Dogs: $10 extra per night per dog.
- Check-in time anytime after 9:00 A.M. for skiing and other activities. The yurt will be ready by 3:00 P.M.
- You will receive the combination to your unit key box in your confirmation email.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Valid Trail Pass for each member of your party is required during Ski Season.
- Front Country Small Yurts are located near the parking lot with vehicle access.
- Every camping visitor is REQUIRED to read and accept the Winter Camping Information document.(PDF, 100 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: $2/cup or hot chocolate @ 9:00 am everyday
- Friday Night Bon Fire and Movie: Every Friday night (conditions allowing) catch a family friendly flick and a warm bon fire starting at 5:00 pm ending at 7:00 pm. $2 s’mores available for sale in lodge.
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Outdoor Games: In exchange for your driver’s license and $1, rent out one of our outdoor games (bocce ball etc.).
Please Read Before Making Camping Reservation
Please read all “Amenities and Notes” above and our Camping & Lodging Policies page before proceeding.
- By making a reservation you confirm that you have read our “Winter Camping Information” PDF document above.
- You must provide a valid email address for reservation confirmation.
- Please print your email confirmation with your access code. Cell service cannot be relied upon.
- Lodge staff may not be on site upon your arrival. Please be prepared for self check-in.