Gaspin’ in the Aspen Summer Woods Run 2013
- Where: Flagstaff Nordic Center (Hwy 180, Mile Marker 232)
- When: June 15, 2013, 8:00 A.M. for 15k and 5k, 9:30 A.M. for Kid’s Kilo
- What: 15k / 5k / 1k Kid’s Kilo
- Registration closed – race is SOLD OUT!
- Download race maps – 15k Race Map and 5k Race Map (PDF forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Gaspin’ in the Aspen Summer Woods Run is limited to 400 runners and has sold out every year. There are only 150 spots available outside of the Flagstaff Summer Running Series. Winter Registration is the only opportunity to guarantee a spot and get last year’s price! Additional registration opportunities will open ONLY if spots are available.
The Northern Arizona aspen groves are in danger of being eliminated by encroachment of ponderosa pine forests and overfeeding by elk and wildlife.
Join us in helping to preserve the aspen groves as part of our landscape for years to come. Proceeds from the Gaspin’ in the Aspen Summer Woods Run are used by Flagstaff Nordic Center to support our maintenance of 4 aspen enclosure projects in the San Francisco Peaks area. Every year Flagstaff Nordic Center donates materials, equipment and volunteer hours to build and maintain these projects.
- 100% Off Road Trail Run
- Race #3 of the Flagstaff Summer Running Series
- Race #1 of the Flagstaff Mountain Trail Racing Series
- Awards for Age, Category, and Overall
- The Gaspin’ in the Aspen Summer Woods Run is one of 6 races in the Flagstaff Summer Running Series. Visit Natra.org for more information on the series. Register for the entire series here.
- Chip timing by Virtual Roster.
- Each racer will receive a disposable timing chip attached to their race bib.
- Please follow posted guidelines and race staff advice on wearing your race bib to ensure the best possible timing accuracy.
- Chip or ‘Net’ time will be used for official race results. This is the time from crossing the ‘Start’ line to crossing the ‘Finish’ line.
- Every race entrant will receive a goodie bag including a high quality technical race tee produced by SweatVac. Men’s and Women’s specific sizing!
- Raffle prizes from Flagstaff Nordic Center, KickStand Kafe, Peace Surplus and many other local merchants
- Morning coffee and snacks provided by KickStand.
Packet Pick Up and Registration
- There will be a packet pick-up and late registration, IF THERE ARE SPOTS LEFT on Friday evening, June 14th, from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at KickStand, 719 N. Humphreys.
- Race Day packet pick up will begin at 6:30am on Saturday morning at Flagstaff Nordic Center.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There are several aid stations with first aid, water, sport drink and snacks on the course. Please see the race maps for locations.