The 12’ backcountry yurts are a summer camping adventure. Each yurt is located at a private trailside location approximately 2 miles from the Lodge. Please note, motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails. Each yurt is equipped with a wood stove and sleeping pads that make them the perfect backcountry yurt camping experience for two. Up to four people can be accommodated.
- Honeysuckle Back Country Yurt – approximately 1.3 miles from the parking lot
- Lupine Back Country Yurt – approx. 1.6 miles from the parking lot
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a backcountry yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: 30-gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge no later than 1:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle PRIOR to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: $30 EACH DIRECTION, PER BIN (example: for 1 bin from the lodge to camping, and 1 bin from camping to the lodge – $60). After the first bin, additional bins are also $30 each direction, per bin.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Arizona Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center) written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Check-in time is after 1:00 P.M.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Sleeping pads for floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.” Could be good for a couple with 2 young children as well.
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt.
- A propane barbecue grill and a picnic table are available next to each yurt. Propane is provided.
- A portable toilet is located near each yurt.
- Running water is not available at the yurt.
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Outdoor Games: In exchange for your driver’s license, rent out one of our outdoor games (bocce ball etc.) during lodge hours.