End of July 2018
These small yurts are located at the Lodge of the Nordic Village in the summer season so no hiking is required. The 12’ yurts are each equipped with a wood stove and sleeping pads that make them the perfect yurt camping experience for two. Up to four people can be accommodated. The lodge is located at the base of the 35-mile trail system of the Nordic Village, and most of these trails can be used for biking as well as hiking and trail running.
Amenities & Notes
- Check-in time is after 1:00 P.M.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
- Sleeping pads for floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.” Could be good for a couple with 2 young children as well.
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt. All Forest Service fire restrictions apply. For current fire restrictions please visit http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/.
- Firewood for the stove and camp fires is available to purchase for $10 per crate.
- Dogs are allowed for an additional fee of $10 per dog.
- Propane barbecue grill and picnic table is available next to each yurt.
- Running water not available inside the yurts.
- You supply: sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, water, personal items, books, games, etc.
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Outdoor Games: In exchange for your driver’s license, rent out one of our outdoor games (bocce ball etc.) during lodge hours.