The Arizona Nordic Village (ANV) is seeking to hire multiple part-time, seasonal positions for the winter season, including:
- Cross country ski instructors (experience req’d)
- Groomer (snowcat grooming or heavy machine operation experience req’d)
- General winter staff – see description below.
ANV is a year-round outdoor destination that hosts events, yurt and cabin camping, and trails. These positions support cross country skiing, snowshoeing, fatbiking, and lodging/accommodations at ANV. The winter season is officially November 12th to March 29th, though we depend on natural snowfall and work availability will be contingent on snow. The ideal candidate is a generalist with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and work hard. If you’re looking for a job to sit around and do as little as possible, it’s not going to work out. We have fun, but we work hard. ANV is located approximately 15 miles north from Flagstaff on 180 – the employee MUST be able to arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
Shifts are typically 6 to 8 hours long and can include weekday, weekend, early morning, and evening work. Most employees rotate through some or all of the different positions and tasks depending on their experience and training.
General Winter Staff Responsibilities
- Snow plowing & shoveling
- Cross country ski and snowshoe fitting & rentals
- Lodge sales & customer service
- Entry gate & parking
- Cleaning cabins and yurts
- Cleaning the lodge, restrooms, portable toilets
- Thorough and attentive to detail
- Dependable, prompt, and on-time
- Willing to work in inclement weather; willing to work on-call or on short notice to respond to snow storms a plus
- Excellent customer service in person, on phone, by email
- Motivated and self-driven, willing to take initiative to address problems or take on projects
- Dedicated to creating excellent experiences for guests and supporting/improving operations at ANV
- Able and willing to perform basic manual labor and maintenance tasks
Experiences or Qualifications
- Experience in customer service, operating a register
- Comfortable on a computer- Microsoft office, Google email/docs/drive
- Maintenance/handy-person experience a plus
- Willing to work weekends and occasional special events a plus
- Current First Aid/CPR, WFA, or WFR
- Experience operating ATVs and/or snowmobiles
- FOR GROOMING AND SKI INSTRUCTING: direct prior experience and/or training required
Additional Employee Perks
Free ANV season pass and free gear rentals, discounts on merchandise and yurt/cabin accommodations, outdoor gear pro deals, and occasional paid time to ski and/or snowshoe!
Submit a resume with a very brief email regarding your interest in a winter position to Evan@flagstaffnordiccenter.com
Compensation dependent on experience