Summer Season (May 5th–October 16th)
The Morning Glory Yurt is a remote backcountry camping experience. The 12’ yurt is approximately a three mile hike with about 1000 feet in elevation gain. Please note, motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails.
- Morning Glory Back Country Yurt – 2.7 miles from parking lot
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a back country yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: 30 gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge no later than 2:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle prior to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: $30 EACH DIRECTION, PER BIN (example: for 1 bin from lodge to camping, and 1 bin from camping to lodge – $60). After the first bin, additional bins are also $30 each direction, per bin.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Nordic Village (formerly Flagstaff Nordic Center) written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Sleeping pads for floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.”
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt. Wood for the stove or for outdoor campfires is available for $10 per crate.
- Dogs are allowed for an additional $10 fee per dog.
- A propane barbecue grill and a picnic table are available next to each yurt. Propane for the grill is provided.
- A portable toilet is located near each yurt.
- Running water is not available.
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- For a map showing the locations of the yurts and cabins, click to download here. (PDF, 128 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: $2/cup @ 9:00 am Friday-Sunday.
- Outdoor Movie: Once a weekend (Fri-Sun) we will be showing a family friendly movie starting at about 7:00 pm (dependent on sundown).
- Nordic Village Library: Visit our small library in the lodge and take a book to read for the duration of your stay.
- Outdoor Games: In exchange for your driver’s license, rent out one of our outdoor games (bocce ball etc.).
Summer Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $50/night for up to two people
- Fridays starting at $55/night for up to two people
- Weekends/Holiday rates starting at $60/night for up to two people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person after 2
- $10 extra per night, per dog
- Self Check-in is in place. You will receive a combination to your unit in your confirmation email.
- Check-in time anytime after 1:00 P.M.
- Check-out time is 10:00 A.M.
Map with highlighted route to Morning Glory Back Country Yurt:
To reserve the Morning Glory Yurt, please check availability in the form below.