Winter Season (November 23rd–April 2nd)
During winter season (when there is snow on the ground) guests are required to have a valid AZNV trail pass and skis, snowshoes, or snow bikes on trails. Trail passes can be purchased at the Lodge.
WALKING ON TRAIL SYSTEM IS PROHIBITED
The Morning Glory Yurt is a remote backcountry camping experience. The 12’ yurt is located at the top of the trail system (3 miles) and it can take up to three hours to ski or snowshoe to. Incredible views of the San Francisco Peaks and a virtually private winter wonderland await adventurers that visit the Morning Glory Yurt.
Read about the “yurt experience” at the Nordic Village written by staff from Peace Surplus, Flagstaff’s “go to” outdoor store since 1973. Peace Surplus Nordic Center Backcountry Yurt Trips!
Amenities & Notes
- Two twin-sized sleeping pads for the floor are provided.
- Two people are comfortably accommodated; four should expect to be “cozy.”
- Lighting is in place by battery operated lantern, but there are no electric outlets. It is advisable to bring flashlights or headlamps.
- Heating provided by wood-burning stove inside each yurt and wood provided in a wood shelter outside of yurt.
- A propane barbecue grill and picnic table is available next to each yurt. Propane is provided.
- A portable toilet is located near Yurt.
- Running water is not available.
- Electricity is available at the Lodge.
- No WiFi on premise.
- There are NO outdoor campfires permitted during the Winter Season
- You supply: water, sleeping bags, pillows, headlamp or flashlight, cooking/eating supplies and utensils, food and beverages, personal items, books, games, etc.
- For a map showing the locations of the yurts and cabins, click to download here. (PDF, 702 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
You may wish to add a gear shuttle to your reservation. If you are planning a back country yurt adventure and have A LOT of gear, a gear shuttle might be a good idea to add.
- What: 30 gallon bin to fill with items you wish to have shuttled to your yurt.
- When: You must arrive at the lodge between 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm to receive your arranged for gear shuttle to your yurt or cabin. If you choose to also have a returning gear shuttle, you must have your gear ready for pickup by 9:00 am.
- How: When making your online reservation, look for the gear shuttle option. You must arrange for your gear shuttle prior to your arrival. Any last minute gear shuttles may not be accommodated.
- Cost: $35 EACH DIRECTION, PER BIN (example: for 1 bin from lodge to camping, and 1 bin from camping to lodge – $70). After the first bin, additional bins are also $35 each direction, per bin.
Winter Rate & Information
- Weekdays starting at $70 per night for up to 2 people
- Rates may be higher during special events and holidays
- $10 extra per night, per each additional person
- $10 per night, per dog
- Changes to confirmed reservations are subject to a $25 change fee.
- Check-in time anytime after 9:00 A.M. for skiing and other activities. The yurt will be ready for check-in by 1:00 P.M. Please note that you must check-in no later than 3:00 P.M. or you will forfeit your reservation and your payment. This will be enforced due to safety and insurance concerns.
- Check-out time is no later than 10:00 A.M.
- Valid Trail Passes for each member of your party are required during winter season. WALKING ON TRAILS IS PROHIBITED DURING WINTER. Snowshoes, skis, or snow bike are required on the trail system.
- Every camping visitor is REQUIRED to read and accept the Winter Camping Information document. (PDF, 110 kb – Free Adobe Reader required.)
- Morning Cup O’ Joe: $2/cup or hot chocolate @ 9:00 am everyday
- Friday Night Bon Fire and Movie: Every Friday night (conditions allowing) catch a family friendly flick and a warm bon fire starting at 5:00 pm ending at 7:00 pm. $2 s’mores available for sale in lodge.
Please Read Before Making Camping Reservation
Please read all “Amenities and Notes” above and our Camping & Lodging Policies page before proceeding.
- By making a reservation you confirm that you have read our “Winter Camping Information” PDF document above.
- You must provide a valid email address for reservation confirmation.
- Please print your email confirmation with your access code. Cell service cannot be relied upon.
- Lodge staff may not be on site upon your arrival. Please be prepared for self check-in.
To reserve the Morning Glory Yurt, please check availability in the form below.